Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday Favorite and Least Favorite


Last week I had my students write a journal entry telling me their favorite and least favorite thing about our class.  I ask all my classes, but before I left work that day I read the responses from my adult roles class (they learn about communication, dating, marriage, parenting. . . you get the idea)

Here are some of my favs:

Favorite thing: All the fun activities
Least favorite thing: Its cold in here

Favorite thing: Knowledge
Least favorite thing: Work

Favorite thing: Ms Thomas's jokes
Least favorite thing: book work, even though its rare

Favorite thing: The dating stuff
Least favorite thing: Taking home the baby (I have an assignment where they take home a simulated baby that cries and records their care.  I used to feel bad it was keeping them up nights.  And then Olivia was born. . . )

So that inspired me to do Friday's Posts as my favorite and least favorite things of the week.  I'll start with least favorite, so we can end on a high note, yeah?

Least Favorite:

1.  Olivia getting roseola.  I didn't even know what that was when the daycare worker told me she would have to leave.  I was FREAKING out.  And then we went to the dr.  Who has the same last name as us.  Who is pregnant.  Who wants to name her baby Olivia if its a girl.  Needless to say, I loved her and she reassured me it was no big deal.

2.  End of the semester.  Students that have been failing ALL SEMESTER LONG are suddenly asking how they can raise their grade to an A.

3.  Gloomy skies.

4.  I'm not going to lie, it is really cold in my classroom.  I'm not surprised that a few listed the cold classroom as their least favorite thing.  I got home from work an hour ago and my feet are still numb.

5.  That one girl, that came to class with tea, even though no drinks is NOT a new rule and then proceeded to mutter swear words under her breath when I made her get rid of it.  I didn't even feel like fighting her on the swearing, it was the last day I had to deal with her so just get this chick out of my class.


Favorite:

1.  One of my students pulled the prettiest little gift out of her purse after class and gave it to me.  It had a thank you card and chocolate and lotion!  Made my day.  After reading the card, I didn't even need the lotion or chocolate (though I still love them).  The card was enough.

2.  Having Olivia get better and back to her old self.  She is just the most fun baby I've ever known.

3.  Losing a pound!  I haven't lost any weight since before Thanksgiving, so its nice to start getting on track with my healthy eating plan (not to be confused with dieting, thank you very much)

4. My answer to the question "How can I raise my grade from ____ to a ____ (usually an A)??"  First, buy a time machine. . .

5.  End of the semester.  On Monday, I get all new students.  I'll miss a lot of the ones going out, but I had a lot of headache students this semester.


1 comment:

  1. Good for you losing a pound! That's awesome!! I've been trying to start eating healthier too, and it can be quite the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I usually respond to comments here on my blog, so check back if you want to hear from me :)