Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

I only have eyes for you

The life of a baby is busy.  There is so much new stimuli everywhere.  Who has time for moms anymore?  But even with all she has to do, Olivia can't always hide the fact that she's crazy about me.  And I love those times.  When it's just the two of us.  When everything is simple.

When we scrunch our noses and close our eyes and pretend to cry and then laugh because we know its just a joke.

When I blow air into her face and she opens her mouth and shuts her eyes.

When wraps her legs around my waist and she rests her head on my shoulder and enjoys it for just a few seconds before she remembers that is so uncool and pulls away.

When we blow raspberries.

When we touch our noses and just smile.

When we move our tongues back and forth and say "ahhhh" at the same time because she loves that sound.

When she tries to eat my earring but it sounds like she's telling me a secret.

When she sits still on my lap and babbles, telling me all about her day.

Yeah, I love those times.

1 comment:

  1. Oh me too from you to Hannah to Olivia and all the kids in between! You almost make me wish I had a baby! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I usually respond to comments here on my blog, so check back if you want to hear from me :)