Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Little Boy Fashion

Can I tell you how much I've loved having a girl?  When most people say girls are more fun to dress I picture pink lace.  Not my thing.  Even so, I have loved getting to dress Olivia, but I lean more toward small adult clothes than frilly baby girl.  Leggings and long tops are my favorite look for her right now. 

Okay, but boys?  I know already there is just less out there for boys.  I've gone to Target a bunch of times just to find one newborn outfit to dress my boy in when we bring him home.  I know, I know, Target isn't the only place to shop in the world, except it kind of is.  I love Baby Gap, but I just can't afford $50 shirts for babies.  And I also like Children's Place, but its harder to shop at the mall with Olivia in tow. 

So watching Project Runway last night I was super excited about kids clothes night!  Ug, it was a huge bomb (despite being the funniest episode this season!!!)  I didn't like anything except Sanjia's outfit.  And luckily for me, she won!  Which means you can buy her design at Babies R Us.  (Sorry if I offend, but not a big fan of Heidi Klum's clothing line for Babies R Us, except for this piece, which obviously she didn't design) 

What do you think of it?
Its like a suit!  But comfy for babies!

6 comments:

  1. I love the coat part, but for some reason I'm just not a fan of cloth pants. But I agree, cute boy clothes are so hard to find! Especially since I don't really like things that say things like, "I love my mommy!" and stuff. I mean, he's a baby, duh he loves me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm not a big fan of putting words in my baby's mouth. That always seemed weird to me. . .

      Delete
  2. Eeep! We're having a boy too!! Yes. We found out. But only so we could go shopping while in the US since it's so much cheaper. A noble motive, no? Hhahah. Anyway... I went through a short mourning period after walking into 900 different stores and there were like 3 things for boys and a bagillion things for girls in each one. But aren't little boy shoes the cutest? That makes up for it. Those tiny little sneakers. No pink frillyness can compete. Btw. I got our little going home outfit at nordstroms. It's pretty classic looking... light blue with a white collar and little embroidered bears. Very Christopher Robin. And it came with a hat. And it was only $18. I obviously don't know what works but after the newborn stage, I'm thinking based on aesthetics american apparel tees and those comfy baby jeans that look like jeans but are actually soft. I also point out every single little boy to my husband that are horribly dressed in athletic shorts and LA lights like sneakers and a power ranger tshirt and I'm like NEVERRRRRRRR. Which means inevitably he'll demand to wear that exact outfit for the rest of his life starting the second he can do anything about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!!! I've been wondering how you've been doing, thanks for the update! And yay for a boy!!! You are right, little boy shoes are super cute. I just started putting Olivia in shoes at 18 months, so maybe I'll have to start earlier to work those in. I agree, cute T-shirts and soft baby jeans are probably going to be the way to go with a boy. You gotta dress them how you want for as long as possible! Soon Olivia will probably only want to wear pink dresses every day-- eek!

      I'm so glad things are going good for you!! You have to email me a picture of your little boy if your blog isn't back by then!

      Delete
    2. I will of course!!! Not sure if I still have your email though...!

      Delete
    3. kimmisue22@gmail.com I can't seem to find yours either, but I thought I had emailed you at some point. . . Ha!

      Delete

I usually respond to comments here on my blog, so check back if you want to hear from me :)