Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

Tradition!

Did the title of this post just get a song stuck in your head?  Because it did in mine.  I'm practically dancing in my chair.


Something about this time of year makes me want to have more traditions.  Its so fun to be a new family because you get to start things now that your kids will remember and look forward to forever! We don't have a lot of them, but we make new ones every year.  Some are Adam's, some are mine, some are ours!

  • My cousin Cait started a new tradition of hot cocoa, doughnuts and a scary movie on Oct 1.  Next year, I'm taking that one!
  • Buy pumpkins at the small local pumpkin farmer near Adam's childhood home.  (We live like five minutes away from there now.  I assume we'll have to do away with this one if we move out of state. . . )  This is one we got from Adam's family.
  • One we started this year is pumpkin french toast bake on the first day of Fall Break (I think Fall Break is a Utah thing, so if we move out of state maybe we'll just do it on the Saturday before Halloween)
  • Chili on Halloween night!  This is from my family.
  • Crepes for breakfast on Christmas Eve morning.  This is one I started the first year we were married.
I'm sure there are more, I just can't think of them right now.  They're a little Halloween centered and I'm guessing that's because we celebrate Halloween on our own (or with my brother and his wife) instead of visiting one family or another.  It allows us to do more of our own thing.  I don't have any traditions for Thanksgiving (except the obvious huge dinner).  But again, its hard to start something when you're not really in charge.

So what are some of your favorite traditions?

2 comments:

  1. omg i'm famous!! haha we actually didn't do that tradition on Oct 1st either. We did it on the 10th. And again last night actually haha. I want to start the tradition of going to a pumpkin patch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good to know we can still do that one!! Haha! Oh I also fixed the link so it actually goes to your blog instead of the french toast recipe again. . . I don't know if you noticed, but weird.

      Delete

I usually respond to comments here on my blog, so check back if you want to hear from me :)