Something about this time of year makes me want to have more traditions. Its so fun to be a new family because you get to start things now that your kids will remember and look forward to forever! We don't have a lot of them, but we make new ones every year. Some are Adam's, some are mine, some are ours!
- My cousin Cait started a new tradition of hot cocoa, doughnuts and a scary movie on Oct 1. Next year, I'm taking that one!
- Buy pumpkins at the small local pumpkin farmer near Adam's childhood home. (We live like five minutes away from there now. I assume we'll have to do away with this one if we move out of state. . . ) This is one we got from Adam's family.
- One we started this year is pumpkin french toast bake on the first day of Fall Break (I think Fall Break is a Utah thing, so if we move out of state maybe we'll just do it on the Saturday before Halloween)
- Chili on Halloween night! This is from my family.
- Crepes for breakfast on Christmas Eve morning. This is one I started the first year we were married.
So what are some of your favorite traditions?