Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

How to survive a month with out sugar

So even though I wasn't perfect during No Sugar September, I still did pretty good.  No chocolate chips were consumed straight out of the bag, so not too shabby.  It should be obvious that the main thing I miss during No Sugar September is chocolate and so I was forced to invent the sugar free version of one of my favorite snacks.  

All Natural Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana 
(You cannot take a pretty picture of this, I tried several times and suffered through eating several chocolate peanut butter bananas but in the end I have given up and you'll just have to imagine)
This article is pretty funny
Ingredients:
1 spoonful natural peanut butter (we use Adam's, with no sugar added*)
1/2 spoonful honey (if you use regular peanut butter maybe you can leave this out, maybe you can't.  You'll have to try it both ways, darn it!)
Some cocoa powder

Directions:
Melt peanut butter and honey (or just peanut butter) in small bowl (like the size you use to feed your six month old baby) for like 10-15 second.  Stir in however much cocoa powder you want.  Taste it and add more cocoa powder (probably).  Dip your banana in this and eat it.  Lick the bowl.

*I recommend never getting the peanut butter with no salt added.  Never ever get it.

(The regular version of this is peanut butter with some chocolate chips melted in, in case you wanted to know) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I usually respond to comments here on my blog, so check back if you want to hear from me :)