Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Who would you hire if you could?


I was just thinking of a friend of mine, wondering if she was going to have any more kids.  Then I thought: They're pretty well off, maybe they could just hire a nanny if it became to much work.  Then I imagined myself with a nanny (and not a job).  I don't think I would like that.  I only have one kid, but I know taking care of her is one of my favorite things.  And even when its not (like making lunch, I don't care for making toddler lunches) I'm still not sure I would feel right about passing that off to someone else just because I didn't want to do it.

But taking care of kids is not the only thing moms do.  Maybe I would want to hire a cook.  Can you imagine a nice healthy dinner every night?  Hmmm, that might be nice.  On the other hand, coming up with new creative dinner ideas and grocery shopping is a fun creative outlet for me, so maybe not.

Or a housekeeper?  Someone to clean the bathrooms and the kitchen?  Wash the sheets, fold the clothes?  I could get used to that.

Who would you hire if you had the need/money?  Or would you?

4 comments:

  1. I'm a little spoiled in this sense... living where I do. My fav domestic help (is there even a politically correct way to say that?) are personal exercise instructors/ trainers/whatever. It's the best. You just sit at home until they show up (no need to convince yourself to even get in the car or dressed decently honestly) and then they have to make the class fun and satisfying and it's all about you and your petty needs, wants, and desires. I bet a cook would be great for that too... but that's totally out of my price range even down here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, that would be nice!! To have someone show up and do prenatal yoga with me everyday? Yes please!

      Delete
  2. I wouldn't want a nanny per se because I would be jealous if Lincoln liked him/her more than me. I wish I lived closer to my mom, though, so she could watch Lincoln occasionally and I could take a shower, haha. That would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I lived closer to my mom too. Also: HANNAH. Especially when I want to go back to work part time and don't know who will watch my kids for pennies while I do that. . . :)

      Delete

I usually respond to comments here on my blog, so check back if you want to hear from me :)