Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Two book in three days

I wish I could be one of those girls that is always reading a book.  I could have button for it on my blog "Ask me what I'm reading!"  But I can't.  Why?  This Christmas vacation I read two books in three days.  Really it was almost two books in two days, but I didn't quite finish the second before bed.  I think I had two chapters left.  When I read a book I don't do anything else.  I don't shower, clean, cook, or take care of my child.  I just can't exist like that!

But let me tell you what I read over Christmas!

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) 
I love how relateable Mindy is.  Like I could have been friends with her in middle school, that time of life when true friends are so hard to come by.  And she's so funny!


Outliers: The Story of Success 
This was an incredibly interesting book.  I never thought about all the factors that go into making someone a success.  And of course as a parent there are things you can do to contribute to your child's success.  I'm just wondering, where is the balance?  Should I let my kids be children and play and use their imagination?  Or should I teach them how to work 350 days a year (like the final chapters of the book suggest.)?  Just some food for thought. 

Have you read either of these books?  What are you reading right now?

3 comments:

  1. Kelly wrote a book? Oh gosh I have to read it! Baby yet? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can come down and borrow it from me! You'll love it. No baby yet, but since I just got the FLU probably a good thing. Ug, this has been the worst month ever.

      Delete
  2. Haven't read either book, but definitely believe in letting kids be kids, but throwing in a couple of chores in the morning. Sharon and I used to talk about that all the time--kids being allowed to just play and use their imaginations and not being overbooked!

    ReplyDelete

I usually respond to comments here on my blog, so check back if you want to hear from me :)