Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2013

I'm not good at being serious


I was reading Erin's blog, as I often do, and she asked herself a bunch of deep questions.  I thought it would be fun to answer them as well!  Here we go:

1. If you could do one thing differently in your life, what would it be?
Um, this is hard because I'm one of those people that freaks out wondering how one different decision would change my whole life. If I could do it over again I would probably go to a school with an interior design major, but how would that change my life? I don't know, but I'm betting I wouldn't be married to Adam since I met him while I was teaching high school and I wouldn't have Axel and Olivia! Scary!

Basically I just want to be an interior designer.


2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
In five years I'll be almost 35, so I guess I hope I have all my kids by then.  Let's think this out. . . I want my next child to be born in the spring of 2016 (no more January babies, that was rough!) And then another one in the spring of 2018.  And that might be all.  Or I'll have one more.  Who knows.

I do want to be in a house!  I hope I'm doing something creative.  I'm about to open my etsy shop, I'm excited to see how I like it, but its too soon to make a long term goal yet.  As long as I'm sewing and creating, I'll be happy.


3. Do you honestly want kids?
Yes!  I love my babies.  I mean, sure I see other people with all their free time (you think you don't have free time?  Take care of my kids for a week and you'll realize how much you do have!) but soon my babies will be more capable and I wont have to mop the floor after every meal Olivia eats or nurse Axel 8 times a day.


4. What has been the best moment of your life so far?
I'm with Erin, I feel like I'm supposed to say my wedding.  That might have been the most important and the most significant, but there are things I would do differently if I could (ooh, question #1! And I don't think changing my wedding day schedule would have a big impact on my life today. . . ) It was a busy stressful exhausting awesome day.  But I like the small things, the moments when Olivia hugs me tight or when Axel falls asleep on my shoulder.  So maybe there isn't just one, but a bunch of little ones I never want to forget.


5. What is your life theme song?
I know my funeral song!  Spirit in the Sky by Norman Greenbaum.  But honestly, I've been trying to answer this question for a long time, aaaaand.  I can't.  I can't pick one song.  Maybe I can make a mix tape, but ONE?  No, not possible.  I think the problem is (after reading several other people's answers to this question) is I don't really like serious songs.  So its hard to say that my theme song is California Girls by the Beach Boys (hey, that is not a bad idea!) when it seems so superficial.  But I like an upbeat song, because I like to dance around the kitchen while I clean, dang it!


6. What is one thing you have yet to accomplish that you want to do before you die?
Travel more.  Other than that, I'm super content with my accomplishments.  I know I could do a lot with my education career if I want, and knowing that is enough.  I don't actually need to do it.


7. If you could choose one thing to be known for, what would it be?
As a kid I think I answered this question: Being pretty.  I'm not going to lie, that thought did just cross my mind.  I haven't changed much.  No, but seriously, I would want to be known for my cooking.


8. If you could do anything you wanted right in this very moment (no consequences, no fear, etc), what would it be?
No consequences?  Sleep through the night without Axel getting hungry!  Soon enough, soon enough.


9. What has been the most challenging moment in your life?
Its a three way tie between:
1) Taking care of Olivia when I was super sick from being pregnant with Axel
2) Taking care of Olivia and Axel when he had "colic" (Still not sure if that's what he had, or if it was just gas!)
3) Freaking potty training.  


10. Summarize yourself in one word.
Blonde.

(Its the only word general enough, everything else I thought of was too specific or too boring)


So there you go.  Learn anything you didn't know?  Because I sure did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I usually respond to comments here on my blog, so check back if you want to hear from me :)