Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Nicknames

My dad is the king of nicknames.  We all had several growing up.  Some are obvious, like Kim Kim.  Some are less obvious, like Monchichi (my brother Rob's because he had a buzz cut and looked like this

I guess I take after my dad (I can hear Adam laughing in my head.  He would say that is an understatement!) Axel has several nicknames.  My favorite thing is watching Olivia call him by what ever name I just used.  It's very sweet. 

Just a few of the names we call Axel:
Axel Boy
Baby Axel
Axel Waxel
Little Nuget
Little Strawberry 
Chuga Chuga

What do you call your babies? 

PS.  I'm also over on Shannon's blog, The Scribble Pad, talking about my first six weeks as a mom of two! 

3 comments:

  1. I call Lincoln "Nugget" all the time, too! I'm not even sure how that started happening. I also call him "Mr. Lincoln" quite a bit. Unfortunately, I can never call him by the nickname I love the mostest (Link) because McKay hates, hates, HATES it. Which makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing he's not a fan of The Legend of Zelda? :(

      Delete
    2. He IS a fan, he's just not a fan of naming our kids after video game characters. The fact that it's an awesome video game character holds no sway, unfortunately.

      Delete

I usually respond to comments here on my blog, so check back if you want to hear from me :)