Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Jenga Deep Thoughts

Its Sunday night and my daughter just dumped out the box of Jenga blocks.  I used them for a get to know you activity with my students a year ago and so half of them have questions.  I didn't have any ideas for my Monday blog post so I decided to pick a random block to answer.  But that block had a stupid question so I picked another one. 

What is your first memory of being really excited?

I'll admit, at first I thought "I don't remember!"  But I realized that if I didn't remember, it wasn't a memory (deep, right?).  So my first memory of being excited?  Planning a trip to Disneyland when I was probably 11.  I remember packing my purse like a month in advance with my yummy smelling lotion and my bubblegum chapstick. 

Now think a little harder I also remember being very excited to find the gingerbread man in Kindergarten.  The kids I nanny just did that activity last month.  So fun to know the tradition lives on!  (At totally different schools in a totally different state then where I grew up)

2 comments:

I usually respond to comments here on my blog, so check back if you want to hear from me :)