Every year I really look forward to fall. I have all these romantic ideas, like picking apples or collecting fall leaves and then. . . fall comes and goes and none of these ideas really happen. So now I'm making a concrete list of things I want to do when the weather cools so the season doesn't pass me by. I am my father's daughter.
1. I want to visit Logan. Specifically Tiffanie! I just love Logan in the fall. Its got that small town feel and its a little cooler than Salt Lake and I feel like there has to be somewhere you can pick apples here.
2. Thanksgiving Point's Cornbelly's corn maze. Adam and I have gone together every year for the past 4 years, even before we started dating! This will be our fifth time going. And we'll still have a fight about whether or not we're going in the haunted maze. I will win and I will not go. Adam might go alone.
3. Farmer's market downtown. Two huge bunches of basil for $3, does it get better than that??? This year I will not let unused basil go bad. I'm making and freezing my pesto for future use.
4. Make a roast chicken. It just smells like fall when you have a bird roasting in the oven.
5. Take Olivia trick-or-treating in her lady bug costume. How many houses can a 1 year old handle? We're thinking 2 or 3. I'll be honest, this is more for us than for her!
|Lady Bug costume by Carter's from Costco|
6. Buy and carve a pumpkin. Adam and I go to the same little pumpkin patch every year. Its where he got his pumpkin as a kid. Its a small house and the same man has been growing and selling his pumpkins for years. Support independent local farmers!
7. Our annual Halloween party with Andrew and Martha!
|Its Tigger, Barbie and Minnie Mouse!! (Olivia, Kimberly and Martha)|
8. Teach kids how to make butter in a jar. I loved doing this as a kid. I want to teach the kids I nanny and I want to teach Olivia's cousins at Thanksgiving dinner.