Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Julia gave me an award

My friend Julia awarded me the honor of answering some questions, and this one only has 11, unlike the one I made her do (which had 65 62).  Okay so here are the official rules:

The Rules:
-Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
-Answer the questions that the tagger set for you PLUS create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer
-Choose 11 people and link them in your post
-Go to their page and tell them. (no tag backs)

1. I sing all the time.  Real songs, made up songs. . . I'm not picky.  Once I almost got fired from a job for singing too much.  That was mean.

2. I also talk very loud.  People often shush me.  They set my classroom up with a mic system a couple of years ago.  I laughed at them.

3. I love vinegar and pickle juice.  All the time (not just when I'm pregnant).  I can drink it straight up.  My dad has a salt deficiency and asked my mom to buy him some Gatorade.  I told him to go BYU football team style and drink some pickle juice instead, you know save some money.  Oh man, you should have seen his face.  Classic.

4. I really like watching TV.

5. I try and keep a Dr. Pepper chapstick handy at all times.

6. I'm horrible at spelling.  I never even made it past the first round of the in class spelling bee.

7.  I'm going to pause working on this to play Song Pop on facebook.  I know pretty much all songs ever written (okay, not really).  My roommate Elise called me kimPod (like an iPod) but my husband Adam thinks he came up with the name. 

8. Its 9pm.  If I go to bed now that will not be uncommon for me.

9. I hate the word "craft".  I do not want to have a craft room, I want a studio.  I am not crafty, I'm a designer.  I don't make crafts, I make art.  I know its just semantics, but it matters to me!!

10. I suck at twitter.  (ooh, but follow me!!  @kt_designsalt)

11. I have two blogs.  I also have an interior design blog, Design Salt.

Yay!!  That wasn't so bad.

Okay so here are the questions Julia made for me:

1. If you had one super power, what would it be?
Super energy.  I am one of the least energetic people.  Not like I'm boring but I'm just always tired.  I take iron supplements, and they help, but super energy would be nice.

2. What's your favorite book?
I used to say the Scarlet Letter but I haven't read it since I was 16.  So I'm gonna go with. . . Life of Pi, just because it popped into my head and I like it.

3. Do you own anything of sentimental value that you just can't seem to give up? If so, do tell.
I have lots of cards and pictures from students.  I need to photograph them and toss them, but I just can't right now.  I hate carrying around boxes of stuff I never use though, so maybe before our next move.

4. If you were a fictional character, who would you be? It can be from a movie, TV show, video game, whatever.
This is a really hard question for me!  Its just something I've never even thought of. . . hmmm. . . 

5. If your house was on fire and you could only grab five things, what would they be? [you can assume family members and pets made it out safely]
The chevron rug in Olivia's room, my sewing machine, laptop, camera and probably the art I've been working on for Olivia's room.

6. What's the best present you've ever received?
My honeymoon to Fiji was a gift from my grandparents.  I guess the college education they gave me was also a great gift!

7. What's the worst date you've ever been on?
Read all about it here and here.

8. When was a time when you were really, really embarrassed?
So I have two stories that are kind of connected so I will tell them both.
First, it was a snowy night in February.  Olivia had gone home with her dad and I had to stay at work for parent teacher conference.  When I left the building there was about three feet of snow on my car, no joke.  I managed to clear it off and started driving slowly home (because I'm from CA and I still have not gotten used to driving in snow).  I called Adam to complain/have him talk me through it.  No answer.  I tried a few more times.  No answer.  I even got lost at one point just because I couldn't recognize the streets in all the snow.  By the time I got home I was fuming.  I walk in the door and there is my husband sitting by the fire, laughing and chatting.  First words out of my mouth?  "Where is your phone???  I could be DEAD on the HIGHWAY."  Then I look around at everyone else in the room.  "Kim," says my father-in-law, "come meet our new bishop." (He's the leader of our local congregation, if you're not familiar with Mormon leadership structures.)

Second, it was a warm night in June.  I was watching Design Star in my pjs and my brother in law Ian answered the doorbell.  He came down stairs and told me it was my sister.  (my sister has been serving a mission for the church and in order to stay focused they limit their contact with family and friends.  This would be easier to do if her mission was in Africa.  Its not.  Her mission is in the very same city where I live.  We've lived in the same city for almost a year and a half and not seen each other!!)  I got really excited when he told me, no not really.  As I walked past him to see who it really was I said, "Ian, quit pissing me off."  And there were was a sweet older couple missionary companionship with a gift my sister asked them to drop off. 

I don't embarrass easily, but I hate showing my temper, especially to nice religious people (a group I'd like to consider myself part of, but I guess I still have some work to do!!)

9. If you were in prison, going to be executed in the morning, what would your last meal consist of? Oh, and you're in a prison that does last meals.
There is this steak at Wild Rose with a beautiful blue cheese brie (not the actual name, but that's essentially what it is) melted on top and a rich sauce. . . one of those, medium rare, I'm in heaven.  (And hopefully, once I die, that is where I'll actually be.  I was wrongfully accused.) 

10. If you had to date one of the Avengers, which one would you go for?
Thor.  If I had to.

11.What was one of your favorite games as a kid?
My brothers and I loved playing nintendo but we were not lucky enough to have one so we had to make our own nintendo game with pillows and we would take turns being Mario and the bad guys.  I'm pretty sure that was more fun than actual nintendo, we just didn't know it at the time.

Now I'm supposed to tag people, but I'm really tired and I don't feel like it!  I was always the person who stopped chain mail too.  So sue me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I usually respond to comments here on my blog, so check back if you want to hear from me :)