We get a basket of produce from Bountiful Baskets once every couple weeks. Last Saturday we had an eggplant in our basket and on Sunday I changed dinner plans and decided to make eggplant Parmesan. I was missing a couple ingredients so I made some substitutions and it still turned out great! I forgot to take a picture, so you'll have to enjoy this little graphic that I made instead :)
1 c breadcrumbs (I didn't have any so I put a few slices of stale bread in my food processor)
1 T Italian seasoning (I didn't have any so I used basil and oregano instead)
1/4 c grated parmesan cheese
1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce
1 c parmesan OR mozzarella (the recipe called for mozz and I only had parm, so I went with it)
1. Begin by peeling and slicing your eggplant into 1/4" slices. Salt generously and let sweat for 30 minutes. Rinse well and pat dry.
2. Wisk egg. Mix bread crumbs, seasoning and 1/4c parm cheese. Dip eggplant slices into egg, then bread crumb mixture.
3. Bake eggplant slices for 5 minutes at 350 F.
4. Remove eggplant from oven and layer in a 9x9 baking dish: eggplant, marinara, cheese, repeat.
5. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 F.
This fed two adults, one toddler and a lunch for Adam the next day. . . so I would say serves 4 normal people, especially if you have sides. I served this with fruit salad. Green salad and french bread would also be good. Enjoy!