Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

30x30 Looks 25-30

The long awaited finish line has arrived!  I did the worst this last week because of the dang flu that my babies and I all got.  I wore 30x30 outfits every day, even though I didn't put on mascara (my eyes were too watery).  But I didn't take pictures because of the mascara and stuff, so all of these are recreated!

DAY 25-Saturday
Today was my dad's surprise birthday party.  He didn't seem curious when my mom started baking plates full of chocolate chip cookies, and he didn't believe me when friends of his started showing up that they were there for a party for him!  (We weren't creative enough to pull the whole "SURPRISE!" jump out part)  We had a great night playing a trivia game with so many of his friends, old and new.
I went with a little gray on gray action here.  I added the belt to break it up.


DAY 26-Sunday
I was sick today.  I didn't get dressed, but this is what I was going to wear, and what I did wear to church one week later.


DAY 27-Monday
Happy Memorial Day!  We mostly hung around the house trying to get better and eating vegetarian corn dogs and hamburgers.
Holy not good picture.


DAY 28-Tuesday
This was supposed to be the day we drove home to Salt Lake, but I wanted one more day to make sure we were all healthy for the drive.
I just love peach and blue together.


DAY 29-Wednesday
We made the long drive again!  This time we managed to make it in 12 hours instead of 13 1/2.


DAY 30-Thursday
The final day!  Axel had his 4 month check.  I was so sad that he just got healthy and now he had to get shots and feel crappy again.

If you ever want to participate in this challenge, let me give you a few tips:
  • Pick items that are true to you.  I don't wear that much color most of the time so I don't know why I picked so much color.  I wear mostly black and white, I should have stuck with that.
  • Pick items that are very different.  I had two pairs of colored pants, peach and red.  They are way too similar!  If I wore them both with the same top, you probably wouldn't notice they were different pants unless they were side by side.  
  • I need more accessories.  Adding a belt or necklace added so much to my outfits to make them feel different than every other outfit I wear.
And with that being said, I never want my picture taken again!!

Here are all the other wonderful ladies that did this challenge with Kelly:

20 comments:

  1. Day 26 is my favorite, those colors look great on you. I also love Day 28! Sorry you got the flu! Ick! I was worried about what I'd do if I got sick during this... thankfully I didn't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And seriously! Of all the times to get the flu. . . :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Obviously I was too! I wore it half of my last 6 days.

      Delete
  3. the last outfit is my favorite. i love those colors together. i got so sick of the pictures, but when my co-worker wanted to take my picture today i automatically posed instead of protesting. i'm not sure if that's good or bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So funny! I got so much better at posing for my body type. In the beginning Adam had to take like 30 pictures. By the end he could take like three and I knew at least one would be good. Obviously I was wrong on day 27.

      Delete
    2. haha. everyone always told me to look and see if i liked them. i basically didn't ever like them, but some days were worse than others.

      Delete
  4. Kim all your outfits were so cute!! I love that striped skirt!! I wanted to comment on all the posts with your outfits but kept getting side tracked...you are so creative! I should really try doing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cait! You should try it. It was lots of fun, but remembering a picture every day was hard. I hope everything is going good in AZ, love reading your updates!

      Delete
  5. Love day 26 and 30! The teal and coral color combo is super cute! The striped skirt is so fun. I love cardigans and that teal is such a great color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wasn't sure if I could put them together, but I liked the color combo too, so I just went with it! :)

      Delete
  6. Great job...we're done!! I'm relieved to be done with pictures too. Phew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep thinking, "Oh the lighting is good for a picture right now!" and then I remember I don't have to do that. So happy :)

      Delete
  7. I love that striped skirt! I recently realized that I'm super into stripes right now (my new fave striped dress, plus I just bought a new bathing suit that's super retro b&w striped). So glad this challenge is over, but I definitely plan on continuing to read your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's been so much fun to meet everyone!

      Delete
  8. Is it too late to jump on this 30x30 train? I just started following a few people & noticed everyone was finishing it as part of a contest(?) or something... but I just want to do it because!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you can do it any time!!! I wanted to do it on my own, but when I saw a bunch of girls teaming up I went with it. And you can blog it or not. The worst part of it was taking pictures, so you could totally skip that part :)

      Delete
    2. I think I will. I read one of the other girls said she could never complain she didn't have anything to wear anymore!

      Delete
  9. I love the peach pants!! You're so awesome for wearing them and you look so cute!! I love the pattern mixing with your maxi skirt!! great job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I totally didn't even think about mixing prints when I picked that out, but that's something I've wanted to try, so yay!

      Delete

I usually respond to comments here on my blog, so check back if you want to hear from me :)