Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

June's Goal


So we're a few days into June, but I wanted to kick off my goal for the month.  My goal is to workout every day in June, except Sunday. What I really need to do is decide what a workout actually is!

So here are some I expect to do, that for sure will count:
  • Run/walk at least a mile
  • Talk a walk with the kids to the park (this is 1.5 miles round trip)
  • Do my Pilates DVD
  • Ride the spin bike in the workout room for at least 30 minutes

Things that do not count:
  • Walking to check the mail
  • Anything that doesn't raise my heart rate
  • Anything that takes less than 20 minutes (except for running a mile.  If that took more than 20 minutes it wouldn't be running)
Other than that, I'll have to call it as I go.

I'm excited!  Probably wont be once this starts (I'm writing this on May 31st, I just don't have a slot to post it until now)

11 comments:

  1. Good luck! I'm still having a hard time how to fit in regular work outs + baby + work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, that's so tough. I used to go for runs at night after Olivia was asleep (she went to bed at 6pm when I was working because I had to wake her at 6am!) but I wasn't very consistent. I probably did it like 3 x a week last April (because I had a 5k to do) and then. . . nothing :)

      Delete
  2. You can do it! It is SO EASY to fit in a 20 minute or more workout. You really just have to keep reminding yourself that it is only 20 or so minutes. That's why I love the 30Day Shred DVD. Keep checking my blog next week for a giveaway ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been so much easier to find the time when I plan it in from the beginning! My legs were so sore today, which is good, but it's making it hard for me to sleep!

      Delete
  3. Good luck!! Maybe find some kind of challenge out there for this ;) hahaha I have the same goal for the summer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know I should. Or I should have had a link up for everyone to join me :) Oh well, next time.

      Delete
  4. Great goal Kim! I have recently become a huge fan of workout DVDs! It is so dang hot here I never go running anymore :( but DVDs are awesome/easy because you can just do them inside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a bunch of Billy Blanks DVDs as a white elephant gift last Christmas. I'm totally busting them out!

      Delete
  5. Good luck! I've been on a workout every weekday challenge since April. Sometimes I skip, but try to make up on the weekends or do a double work out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job! I haven't really missed a day yet, but I could have done better on Wednesday!

      Delete

I usually respond to comments here on my blog, so check back if you want to hear from me :)