Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

Food Friday: Buffalo Chicken Pizza

It was a crazy day last week (psh, everyday is crazy with Olivia living here) and I did not feel like cooking.  I had planned to make pizza for dinner and then I thought maybe it was too much for me on a day like that.  But you know what?  It wasn't. 

Adam had won some buffalo wing sauce from Buffalo Wild Wings (How??? I don't know, I was out of town!) so I decided to go with that.  It was a little spicy so I did 1/3 of the pizza with BBQ sauce for Olivia and the other 2/3 in buffalo sauce.
This picture is not very appetizing, but I promise it was good!  We also like to add a little baby lotion too. . . just kidding, I don't know why there is baby lotion in this picture.

The pizza dough I made is so simple!  But you can always buy dough if you want to make it even easier.  You can find the original recipe here, but this is what I used.

1 1/2 c whole wheat flour
3/4 c white flour
1 t salt
1 c warm water
1 T honey
1 packet yeast (.25 oz)
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Mix flours and salt.  
  3. Mix water, honey and yeast and let it sit until foamy.  
  4. Mix water and flour mixtures.  
  5. Let rise for 10 minutes. 
  6. Roll out and prick with a fork.
  7. Cook for 10 minutes or until desired crispiness is reached.
  8. Cover in sauce, cheese and toppings.  
  9. Heat in oven until cheese is bubbly.  
My toppings were just mozzarella cheese, chicken and red onions.  Celery would also be fun, but I didn't have any on hand.

Oh yeah, dip it in a little ranch or blue cheese for the full effect :)

2 comments:

  1. So you ended up making dinner, huh? Did Kellie make it down? Counting down the days til you get here!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I made this for dinner like two weeks ago. All of my posts are written like two or three weeks in advance. Kellie did make it but she went out with friends for dinner.

      Delete

I usually respond to comments here on my blog, so check back if you want to hear from me :)